lauantai 1. lokakuuta 2016

Hello shadow my old friend

Okay I have no idea why I put that headline. I guess that I just needed something to make you hooked! To make you open my blog and maybe read sentence or two. Or the whole thing even though, right now, I have no idea what I am going to write. Or I just wanted to tell how much I love shadow 'cause it's so hot in here that sometimes I feel I'm just melting away.

This is supposed to be a travel blog, yeah? So why don't I feel like I'm travelling? I don't feel like I'm in a different country trying to get new experiences.. Fiiiiiine I do know why I feel like this, just needed to make more powerful point on it by asking about it from you guys first. So should I answer it or not? I mean I know the answer already, it's not like you guys (if there even is any "you guys" reading this) need it, right? Fine fine fine (sorry I'm horrible horrible writer), the reason I don't feel the way I "should" feel is because I have normal daily rhythm. Every morning I wake up, go to work and come back home. On the weekends I go somewhere but it feels more like "I do something on the weekend" than "I go travelling". Or I'm just a crazy person (but that I knew already). But I guess this is just good thing. It means I'm not just on a "holiday" but I am also really living here.

It's been long time since the last post so this one is going to cover whole September and be longer than...Longer than.. I don't know.. Longer than something that's super long! (so feel free to stop reading when you get super bored)

So what have I done...
Oh yeah!
First weekend (in September) I spent doing nothing at all and I liked it. Finally I had time to charge my batteries and relax (all those bus rides to different places take way more energy than I realized). So my plan for the weekend was just netflix and chill (in the innocent way, you know) and might I say I did my plan perfectly! Well almost... Dammit my plan was so easy but couldn't do even that well.. Nooooo I just had to break my plans and have a life. I just had to go to San José with my friend. But it was nice; we went to a museum, walked around, ate, walked, walked and walked a bit more. And in the end I told him that my plan B in life..okay plan C is to become a crazy cat lady. Own 81 cats and live in small island and do nothing else than feed my cats all day long (isn't that a lovely picture).
But in the end I did end up charging my batteries 'cause on Friday and Sunday I did nothing else than netflix and chill (boooyah I'm a great planner hah)

Next weekend me and my friend Caddie went to Jacó because we wanted to take sun, sing some karaoke and dance like there is no tomorrow! And Jacó was perfect place to do all that and plus it's so close to San José. And let me just tell you that if you ever end up in Jacó, go eat in "Bien Muchachos"! The chicken pesto quesadilla is to die for <3 It's so good that I could just eat that for the rest of my life. The restaurant was so good that we went there every day haha. But of course I tried different foods and all of them are so good. Recommended indeed! (but if you go there and don't like it, please don't blame me hah)
Saturday we took a crocodile tour and because it's slow season here right now we got ourselves a private tour just because there was no other tourists that wanted to take the tour that day (score!). It was nice boat ride where we saw soooo many crocodiles and one point the tour guy went to the water to feed the animal (crazy guy).
Don't know what else to say about this weekend than that it was a blast!

Next weekend we went to Tortuguero. We had to take two buses and motorboat ride to get there but it really is worth it. The boat ride is so beautiful and relaxing. I really liked Tortuguero. It's super small place with no cars. The only thing I didn't like was that there were no banks or ATMs so when you go there remember to take money from the ATM before you go 'cause you won't be able to get any untill you leave the place. Yeah you could use your card on some places.. I just don't like to pay with card.
Friday night we took a turtle walk tour and oh boy that was awesome! I knew that (sea)turtles are big but when I saw them with my own eyes, I couldn't believe they really were that big! Way over one meter long and so huge. Unfortunately it wasn't allowed to take pictures but I will always remember that experience.
Rest of the weekend we just relaxed and again danced like there is no tomorrow. Perfect weekend yet again.

Last weekend was Caddie's last weekend here in Costa Rica and we wanted to...well.. have perfect last weekend for her. We went to Puerto Viejo for the beaches and night life.
Our hostel/hotel was perfect! This was the best place we've been here in Costa Rica. "Hotel Pura Vida" and let me tell you, it really was pura vida. The staff is super nice, it's located in really good place and the rooms are so beautiful. And there's perfect breakfast place called "Bread&Chocolate" just two minute walk from the hotel (go there!). Perfect.
Saturday we rented bicycles (just 3000colónes/day) and biked through all the beaches till Playa Manzanillo. It was quite long ride but worth it. Enjoyed the beaches, sun, ocean and beautiful landscape.
The weekend was full of perfect things; food, weather and full of laughter.

This weeks Thursday we went out in San Pedro because it was Caddie's last full night here and it was a blast! The only "bad" thing was that the club was so packed! Couldn't almost move around. But the music was so good that in the end I didn't care about all those people hah.
Yesterday we went to Museo de los niños and it was cool! Sometimes we might have been a bit childish so it was good place for us hahah. And I kept thinking that one day it would be so nice to bring my own children there (I know I'm young, I shouldn't think about kids now but I can't help it hah). But end of the day I had to say goodbye to my friend and that wasn't funny at all.

All I can say now to Caddie is thank you for these two months; I couldn't have found better friend to travel and hang out with me in here. Your flight back to Germany already left today but my journey here still continues. Let's see what I end up doing next!

Of course there are things that have happened during the week but then this post would end up being longer than thing that's longer than the super long thing so I will end it here. And of course I have to have something to tell when I go back to Finland. It's no good to tell everything here and have no stories to tell when I go back home. So see ya later alligator!

2 kommenttia:

  1. "...netflix and chill (in the innocent way, you know)" :D :D hahhaha!

    Millon sie tulitkaa takas sieltä?

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. 18.pv jouluukuuta lähtee lento ja oon takas suomessa 19.pv:)
      Sori että kesti vastaaminen, nyt vasta älysin että hei mullehan on voinu vaikka tulla kommentteja :'D

      Poista