maanantai 29. elokuuta 2016

I miss hot showers

You know the feeling when you have to wake up in the morning but don't want to? But then you realise you can go stand into hot shower and let that amazing hot water run through your body making you feel all warm and fuzzy? Or before putting your yammies on, you hop into nice and hot shower to wash all that sweat and stress you got that day? Yeah... I miss that feeling. The feeling when the water is so hot it feels like your skin is melting off, the feeling when you just know that every drop of sweat is leaving your body and you feel so relaxed and happy. It's funny how you miss certain things only after you don't have them anymore. Now I sound like I haven't had any hot showers here.. Well that's true hah. Yeah I've had maybe couple warm showers and the rest are...well...not so warm. I sound now like spoiled little princess but what can I say, I like my showers nice and hot.
Okay I guess that's enough about my showers hah..

So last week I started my volunteer work in an orphanage. It's a bit weird not be able to talk with the kids because I don't know Spanish that well yet... But I guess you don't need to know how to speak when playing tag or pushing the kids in the swing.
It's sad to think that it's not a daycare center; to go home and know that the kids will stay there because they have nowhere else to go, no one else to take care of them, no mom, no dad, no one. It's so good to see the kids all happy and laughing but... Then to remember that they aren't supposed to be there.. That they are there because their parents didn't want them. Found from the streets having nothing. Taken away from their parents because they were assaulted. But at least they have the people in the orphanage who takes care of them. Who give love and food. Who gives roof on top of their heads. Reads them a good night story. Hugs them. Make them feel loved and wanted. I'm so happy to be part of something that make the kids happy.

I could write million sentences about how amazing all the children are but it's too sad to say all those amazing things and then realise that they aren't wanted by their parents..ARGH! Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts...

So I've had three weekends here already and every weekend I've travelled somewhere and done some tour thingy. Fist weekend I spent in La Fortuna. Did a Volcan Arenal tour and went to hot springs (wohoo hot water! haha). Second weekend I spent in Manuel Antonio. Heaven on earth! Spent Saturday just laying on beautiful beach and getting my tan on. Heaven. Buuuuut after that day I might have been more red than brown (oopsie). And in the evening me and my friends went dancing. Last weekend I was in Monteverde. The weather was nice and cool (other weekends had been way too hot so this weather was so welcomed). On Saturday went zip lining (sitting normally and like superman)! So awesome! Even though it rained it didn't ruin the experience. End of the zip lining was Tarzan swing: 40meter free fall and then the rope catches you and you swing like Tarzan. That was the best thing in the whole zip lining thingy! I wish I could have done it over and over again.

I've loved all the travelling but spent way too much money doing that.. Now all I can think of is "save money, save money, save money, you are going to be here still 16 weeks..saaaaave!" Well next weekend I'm gonna take it easy and just stay at my host family. And sleep. Gonna sleep so much. Just sleep. Nothing else. Okay maybe netflix. 'Cause netflix is life.

And now some awesome pics
Volcán Arenal
View from my hostel in Manuel Antonio
Perezoso <3
Crickets (?)
Manuel Antonio
Night out in Quepos

Don't have any pics from Monteverde 'cause all the zip lining pics are on CD.. Will put some here when I get them on my laptop! Good night for now and Hasta Luego!





Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti